Software Engineer Jobs in Lagos – Apply for the current Software Quality Assurance Specialist (Senior Associate) at PwC South Africa, Lagos. See job description, requirements, and how to apply.
At PwC South Africa, helping you achieve your goals is at the heart of what we do. Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. By listening to you and understanding your vision, we can help you overcome the challenges you face. Whether you are a large global organisation, a government body or a family-owned private business, we have the experience and expertise to help you.
We are currently recruiting for the position below;
Job Position: Software Quality Assurance Specialist (Senior Associate)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Software Quality Assurance Specialist (Senior Associate) at PwC South Africa, Lagos
Job Description & Summary
A career with our Intelligent Automation practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement automation strategy and technologies to enable growth, support transformation and enhance employee and customer satisfaction. Our clients are operating in a rapidly changing business environment that demands employee adaptability, continuous improvements in productivity and delivery quality, and improvements in customer satisfaction. Intelligent automation provides a mechanism to address all of these demands rapidly and cost effectively. We play an integral role in helping our clients define and execute their automation strategy that includes clear value propositions, governance, effective operating models and workforce upskilling along with deployment of impactful intelligent automation technologies.
Our team focuses on the design and implementation of the Intelligent Automation technologies that are used for client solutions. As part of the team you will focus on the technical design, build, testing and documentation of intelligent automations using technologies including: intelligent process discovery, robotic process automation, BPM, Decision Engines, integration platforms, cloud services, data analytics, intelligent data capture, and artificial intelligence. You will interact with the process architecture teams to collaborate on designing and building solutions, along with contributing to reusable artifacts and engage in identifying useful new technologies and practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Software Quality Assurance specialist to join our team. The Software Quality Assurance specialist is responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design, execution of test plans, test scripts, and process plans for projects. The successful candidate will work closely with the development teams to perform and validate test cases based on quality requirements and recommend changes to improve the quality of our digital products. You will be responsible for ensuring that all software products we deliver have undergone the required testing: unit testing, integrated testing, stress testing, etc. to ensure client objectives are met.
To be successful as a Software Quality Assurance specialist, you should demonstrate strong attention to detail, knowledge of testing methodology, automated testing tools, issues management and understanding of modern software architecture.
- Review business/software requirements and provide quality related inputs during the project planning phase.
- Identify required testing approach and methodology based on solution design type.
- Recommend automated testing tool and approach to improve efficiency.
- Prepare test cases, test scripts and test data.
- Execute tests (manual / automated).
- Report defects and assist the development team in their understanding.
- Analyze test results and track software testing metrics.
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Liaise with clients during their User Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing exercises.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of at least one programming (preferably c#)/ scripting language
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and approach.
- Use of automated testing tools.
- Ability to document results of software testing.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Bachelor Degree
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 26, 2023
How to Apply
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!