Oil and Gas job in Lagos – Apply as a Rig Electrician Job at Valaris plc, Lagos. See job details, description, requirements and how to apply.
Valaris plc is an offshore drilling contractor headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the largest offshore drilling and well drilling company in the world, and owns 74 rigs, including 50 offshore jackup rigs, 16 drillships, and 8 semi-submersible platform drilling rigs.
Rig Electrician Job at Valaris plc, Lagos
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job position: Rig Electrician
The Electrician ensures the effective operation of all electrical tools and equipment onboard the drilling rig, keeping downtime to an absolute minimum. This includes electrical lights, electrical components of motors, engines, generators, tools, etc.
The successful applicants will be employed by Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (“ODENL”) which is a joint venture partnership company formed by OES Energy Services Limited and Valaris plc.
These positions are only available to citizens of Nigeria due to the organisation’s support and commitment to workforce nationalisation process.
- 7 years of relevant experience as an Electrician.
- 5 years of relevant experience as an Assistant Electrician.
- Offshore experience preferred.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Completed a minimum of High School education and successful completion of mandatory technical, safety training and offshore skills certification. These will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
- Valid Electrician Certification.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, excellent team working and organizational skills.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Must be capable of working in a confined Marine environment.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the company’s sole discretion.
- Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other emergencies.
- PC proficiency required. Competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of repair and rebuilding electrical components and wiring of electrical motors and equipment Maintains and repairs all rig electrical equipment and systems which include: generators and generator control systems, transforming systems, drilling system, electrical motors, jacking systems, pumps, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, crane electrical systems, inter-communication equipment, power generators, lighting fixtures, alarms, fuses and switches.
- Adhere to company planned preventive maintenance plan to minimize downtime and maximize safety.
- Adhere to rig mobilization procedures and related maintenance as directed by operations manual.
- Responsible for your own personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Participates in rig safety meetings and other rig safety programs.
- Active participation in the Company’s STOP program.
- Follow correct lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Show commitment to the Company’s safety culture through personal behaviour and willingness to influence others.
- Eliminate all electrical hazards as they are identified. Establish effective barriers when unable to remove hazards.
- Ensure all electrical tools and equipment is kept in safe working order.
- Maintain a proper level of electrical parts, spares and equipment inventories.
- Assist the Mechanics and Welders on special projects when requested to do so.
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with the company Permit to Work system.
- Maintain appropriate logs and records in accordance with company, regulatory and certification agencies requirements.
- Follow the provisions of the National Electrical Code, USCG, HSE, Fire Prevention Codes and other regulations that may apply.
- Assist in corporate and regulatory inspections.
- Responsible for creating an environment in which open communications concerning safety issues can occur at the appropriate levels in the organization for appropriate action and resolution.
- Conducts pre-task meetings and when a work order is required, under-takes the work required with authorization.
- Responsible to keep up with training requirements for the position and submit training request in time to keep all certification current.
ODENL is constantly looking for new talent! Are you looking for your next opportunity? If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!
Leave a Reply