NGO Jobs in Nigeria – Apply for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger, Borno. See detailed job description, requirements, and how to apply.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: As Soon as Possible
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems on ACF projects to ensure compliance with donor and ACF M&E standards.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Draft M&E plan with support from the M&E manager
- Develop, update or pre-test quality assurance checklist tools for M&E team in collaboration with M&E manager and project staff
- Provide support to the review and implementation of M&E systems for new projects, in collaboration with M&E manager and projects teams at the field level
- Support teams to pilot data collection tools and integrate the findings into the final tools by providing feedback/error reports to the M&E Manager.
- Facilitate the project’s use of mobile data collection by leading on the process and troubleshooting under the oversight of the M&E Manager.
- Support to train and manage the M&E Field Assistants to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are respected.
- Conduct appraisals of M&E Field Assistants as required by ACF guidelines alongside M&E Manager.
- Provide oversight on the quality of program Implementation through
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, inclusive of rapid needs assessments, rapid registration, and PDMs.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan through routine monitoring of activities at the field level/health facilities including Warehouse monitoring
- Support program team to ensure quantitative APRs are updated based on activities accomplished for the month.
- Lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect data from beneficiaries.
- Ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis, and interpretation by working closely with the program, technical, and M&E teams.
- Perform data cleaning on all data collected and upload into the server
- Provide training to program teams on program activity monitoring and reporting
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of activities and represent ACF in relevant forums and working groups at the LGA level
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify good practices based on M&E findings and encourage the utilization of data and M&E products.
- Support M&E M to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of M&E information
- Represent ACF externally in issues related to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and reporting as needed.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Nutrition, international development, Public health, Demography or other science-related subjects, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years M&E related work experience in an emergency context
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team, budget and project management, and representation competencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values, and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, ENA, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Experience working in the northeast
- Previous work experience with Implementing Partners (IPs)
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, or WASH
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies
- Familiarity with emergency donors (FFP, UNICEF, OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID (now FCDO) reporting and regulations
Minimum Basic Salary
N236,585 NGN per month
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!
Leave a Reply