Chemist jobs in Nigeria – Apply for the current Factory Chemist Job at Nestlé, Abuja. See the job description, requirements, and steps to apply.
Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Position: Factory Chemist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Factory Chemist Job at Nestlé, Abuja
Position Type: Full-Time
Minimum Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma
Minimum Relevant Work Experience: 2 Years Relevant Experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to improve the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Factory Chemist who would be responsible for the overall coordination of the chemistry laboratory; including analysis of physical and chemical properties of products, managing chemical contaminants, coordinating and interfacing with the relevant partners for the implementation of the annual monitoring plan in line with the approved contaminant assessment and tracking methodology.
- Chemical and physical analyses of raw materials and line samples (in-process).
- Providing guidance on product recipe and compliance management especially in the area of chemical contaminants.
- Coordinating the organization’s Confidence Assessment and Tracking Programme.
- Managing the Chemical Contaminant Monitoring Programme.
- Coordinating HAZMAT (Hazardous Material) Programme for Abaji factory.
- Managing the inventory of the laboratory and supporting (advice) on procurement of laboratory re-agents, standards, materials and equipment.
- Coordinating equipment maintenance and calibration, as well as the ICP (Internal Control Plan) for all lab equipment.
- Managing GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) Programme, including analytical method monitoring, method verification and Chemistry Proficiency Testing for Abaji Factory.
- Acting as the Laboratory Safety champion and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) representative for the Quality Assurance department.
- Qualification of Factory Personnel, such as other QA staffs and Water treatment Technicians on Analytical Methods.
- Supporting the Food Safety Team on Chemical contaminants.
- Interfacing with the relevant partners in Yearly Monitoring Plans and other areas of improvement/challenge.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Food Engineering, Biochemistry, Food Science/Technology or other closely-related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in a food processing environment within a similar FMCG company.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), including knowledge of the usage of SAP.
- Knowledge of analytical and problem-solving tools such as PARETO, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Six Sigma or DMAIC, Fishbone, KAIZEN, TPM, etcetera.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills, able to draw up fact-based analyses and make sound decisions.
- Innovative and dynamic individual; quick-thinker with a high level of agility and adaptability to change.
- Proximity to Abaji Factory, Abuja or its environs is a key requirement.
How to apply
Apply by clicking on the “Apply now” button, follow the steps and attach a copy of your CV. The closing date for application is September 21, 2020. We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!
Leave a Reply