Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2024
Are you looking for vacancies Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2024? If yes, you are in the right place. Apply for the ongoing vacancies at Teach for Nigeria Fellowship Program 2024. Details of the eligibility criteria, requirements and method of application has been provided below in this post. Interested applicants should proceed to the application link and fill out the forms accordingly.
This is a two-year, full-time, paid fellowship opportunity that aims to address the educational inequity in under-served schools across low-income communities in Nigeria. By placing exceptional individuals in these challenging environments, the program not only seeks to improve the quality of education but also to cultivate leadership skills that fellows can use to effect change outside the classroom.
Aim of the Programme
In Nigeria, the stark reality is that nearly 70% of children completing primary education lack basic reading and writing skills. Teach for Nigeria is at the forefront of tackling this crisis by mobilising the nation’s brightest minds to lead the charge against educational inequity. The fellowship is a call to action for those who envision a future where every Nigerian child has access to quality education.
As a Teach for Nigeria fellow, you will gain:
- Immediate Impact Opportunity: Take on real responsibility from day one, changing lives and communities for the better.
- Leadership Development: Receive extensive training designed to enhance your leadership and teaching skills.
- Global Network: Become part of a worldwide network of leaders committed to educational equity, spanning across 60 countries.
- Mentorship and Support: Benefit from a comprehensive mentoring programme, along with professional development coaching and skill workshops.
- Certification and Stipend: Participate in a sponsored professional diploma in education programme and receive a stipend throughout the two-year fellowship, including school holidays.
Who Can Apply?
Young graduates and mid-level professionals from various academic backgrounds who meet the following underlisted criteria can apply:
- A Nigerian aged between 18 and 35 years at the time of application.
- Possess a university degree with a minimum of a Second Class Lower (2:2).
- Have at least 5 O’Level credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Must have completed the NYSC programme on or before July 2024.
Existing Teachers Pathway
Specially designed for experienced teachers currently employed in Ogun State’s public schools, under either SUBEB or TESCOM. Eligibility includes:
- Full-time employment status with Ogun State TESCOM or SUBEB.
- Not older than 50 years at the time of application.
- A university graduate or NCE holder with at least 5 years of teaching experience.
Teach for Nigeria selects fellows through a highly competitive process, looking for candidates who:
- Are committed to ensuring equitable and excellent education for all children.
- Show leadership potential and a willingness to learn.
- Can dedicate two full years to teaching full-time.
How to Apply
Ready to make a difference? Apply now to embark on this transformative journey:
For further details about the fellowship and the application process, please visit Teach for Nigeria Fellowship.
The deadline for applications is March 29, 2024. Don’t miss out on this life-changing opportunity to contribute towards shaping a better future for Nigeria through education. Apply now and be the change you wish to see in the educational landscape of Nigeria.
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!