Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Categories: Network Operation and Integration
- We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements
- The position is applicable for design & optimization of RAN, BBA, Transmission, Core, OM and Services Networks
- You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
- The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes, and guidelines within the customer organization or internally
- Provide technical support in customer discussion, presentation, and workshop
- 2G, 3G and LTE parameter consistency checks, tuning and optimization to improve throughput, Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility etc.
- Handling customer complaints and provide solution with proper explanation report.
- Whole Network parameter audit and to provide recommendation to sort-out inconsistencies
- Necessary feature implementation and recommend parameters settings to better data services
- Participation in development of service portfolio
- Engagement with CxO level at customer end to present project updates, strategic direction, risks, and recommendations for Network improvement programs
- Act as a leader and mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues
- Engagement with sales and accounts teams to Drive add-on sales and new business opportunities during the entire process to contribute to increased sales volumes
- Engagement with Managed Services teams to plan and coordinate common activities and develop synergies leading towards common goals
Skills / Qualifications
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to interact with customer and identify area of improvement
- Result oriented with focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
- End-user / customer problem investigation and give quick remedies and solutions
- RF Related Small Tools and Macros (Exert, Google Earth, PIANO, MAPSOURCE etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IT / Telecoms or equivalent training/experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years work experience in RF Design, Initial Tuning & Optimization.
- 2 years proven expertise on Tuning for in mature Network
- Knowledge and experience with data collection tools, e.g. TEMs Investigation 13.0
- Statistical and Performance Analysis (Business Object, ENIQ, M2000, NETACT, FACTS, ITK)
- Command Handling, Traffic Observation, and Alarms Management (WINFIOL, CME, MOSHELL, M2000)
- Network Planning and Performance analysis (MAPINFO, MCOM, NEXPLORER)
- Good Knowledge on the ERICSSON / NOKIA / HUAWEI RAN Portfolio.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!
Leave a Reply