RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Advisor
- RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
- We are seeking qualified candidates for an upcoming project in Nigeria. These positions have an anticipated initial term of employment for one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years based upon receiving additional funding from the CDC and approval from RTI. Strong preference for qualified Nigerian Nationals.
- We are seeking a Health Informatics Advisor for an upcoming Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to improve public health preparedness and response in Nigeria. The goal of this 5-year project is to strengthen the existing public health infrastructure to rapidly and effectively respond to disease outbreaks, health threats and public health emergencies of international concern (PHEICs).
- The Health Informatics Advisor will provide technical support to NCDC concerning information systems used for disease surveillance. The NCDC uses a variety of software systems to collect and analyze data used in disease surveillance. The Health Informatics Advisor will provide technical assistance and lead activities to improve integration and develop interoperability of systems according to NCDC priorities.
- This is a full-time position at national level, reporting directly to the RTI Project Director
- This position has an anticipated initial term of one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of four years based upon receiving additional funding from the CDC and approval from RTI.
- Illustrative tasks are included in scope of work below, but individual may be assigned additional tasks as required.
The Health Informatics Advisor will:
- Support and strengthen the capacity of NCDC to develop and maintain information systems used for disease surveillance
- Interface frequently with NCDC and partners to solicit system requirements, build support and buy-in for systems, and advocate project goals.
- Assist as needed with the deployment and maintenance of SORMAS and other Integrated Disease Surveillance systems at the national, State and Local government levels
- Work with NCDC and States and LGAs to develop and institutionalize policies and procedures to support use and maintenance of disease surveillance information systems.
- Train and mentor NCDC, State and LGA personnel
- Assist in the development of data standards and protocols necessary for the integration of disparate systems
- Assist NCDC to ensure data accuracy and security, legal, and regulatory compliance with national standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field + 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field + 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge / understanding of SORMAS, DHIS 2, SITAware, Tatofo laboratory information management software, data standards and interoperability
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, data export capabilities, and API desired.
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical skills through mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be capable of effective oral and written communication in English.
- The ability to communicate in one or more Nigerian local language is preferred.
- We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
This job position is currently unavailable, please check back later.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via: email@example.com
- Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
Please help your friends and relatives who might be eligible for this job. Share this opportunity!. You can share it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. Click on the sharing buttons below (very easy to use too)!